Chalet Auriane is also available for weekly rental on a self-catered basis during the summer season when the mountains take on a completely different feel. The combination of pure mountain air, breathtaking views and wild mountain flowers is truly magical and an experience to savour. This is helped by La Tzoumaz’ micro-climate which generally ensures the weather is fine and sunny with day time temperatures in the mid-late 20s. The ski lifts are open from early July through to end of August enabling you to easily explore the mountains.
Some suggestions of the most popular activities:
- Walking – the ancient irrigation streams (bisses) provide an easy shady stroll with several marked trails following the contours of the mountains close to the chalet. Alternatively, challenge yourself by hiking up into the high mountains to reach one of the mountain restaurants with unsurpassed views. Some have climbing walls and table tennis open in summer too. Search for wild strawberries in the neighbouring meadows for an incredible taste.
- Mountain biking – bring your own or rent one. We can recommend an experienced guide who will cater to all levels. Hook your bike onto the ski-lift and be whisked to the top of the mountain where there are a variety of trails following the ridges along the top of the mountains. For more experienced cyclists there are a variety of trails (labelled blue, red or black) to suit all levels including a challenging bike park down to Verbier.
- Take a ‘trotinette’(giant all terrain scooter) for a fun way to descend the mountain – suitable from 8 years.
- Trout fishing in the local rivers and lakes is easily available.
- Tennis – the village has one of the most beautiful courts anywhere, perched on the side of the mountain. It is easily booked at the tourist office who can also rent rackets and balls.
- There are 2 golf courses(including minigolf) in Verbier, easily accessible via the gondola lift or an easy drive.
- Culture – Sion (25 min drive) is the capital town of Valais, with a lovely cobbled old town, some great restaurants and shopping, the ancient monastries of Château de Valère and Château de Tourbillon are situated on twin rock outcrops overlooking Sion
- Paragliding – for the more adventurous enjoy paragliding high over the mountains. We can recommend experienced professional guides.
- Thermal baths – just 25 minutes drive from the chalet, enjoy lounging in warm natural thermal baths
- Swimming pool – in the centre of the village, at the bottom of main Telecabine
- Playground – in the centre of the village, there is a trampoline, slide, etc. for kids
For the more culturally minded, the Verbier summer festival attracts international renowned artists with impromptu performances also throughout the mountains.
Or, just relax on one of the chalet’s terraces with a book and a drink……and maybe an evening BBQ, listening to the cow bells.
For further information on summer activities, please look at the excellent La Tzoumaz website.
The chalet is let on a self-catered basis for exclusive use at a price of £3,500 per week. Please contact us for availability and booking enquiries.